(click photos to view)
- Metro train to Verona
- Eurostar to Rome
Ready to board Eurostar
- In Rome, took wrong turn getting off underground metro (like subway)
- Allen (Dad) called USO & we found our way after meandering thru city
The USO was such an incredible resource for us during our visit. Those people are saints.
- Mom & I were annoyed and felt ridiculous but no one noticed (too many tourists)
We were clueless but grateful not to be the only ones. You can't look "lost" in a sea of tourists.
- At hotel - unloaded (I grabbed swch & snacks)
Standing on hotel steps - swanky!
- Walked back to main plaza, people watched & window shopped
- Bus to Piazza Venecia
- Next bus - Colosseum & Forum
- Dinner at "Al Gladiatore" in front of Colosseum (Rocco entertained us!)
Italian wine at Al Gladiatore
Rocco, my new Italian host friend
Posing w/Italian waitress
- Walked around side of Colosseum & by Forum
Colosseum in darkness
- Metro back to main plaza
- Returned to hotel & called hubs before crashing for the night