(click photos to view)
- Metro to Venice - VERY crowded train (something wrong w/previous train causing overload)
This is when I learned my lesson about "personal space" in Italy. Rule of thumb: there is no such thing. We were all crammed right up against one another. You just deal.
Peace out, yo.
- African HOSTILE couple - girl punched Mom & pushed me
Apparently this was just an ordinary lover's spat.
- Italian Arline flight attendant talked to us about her experience
- Train station in Venice - sat for a few minutes on front steps w/Mom
View from train station steps
- Met Allen after he purchased water, bus tickets
- Wrong water bus taken on opposite route (wanted Grand Canal but had a new "adventure")
Me & my lovely mother
View from water bus - Venice, Italy
- Walked to San Marco Square "The Pigeon Place"
San Marco Square - in front of Basilica
- Ate in San Marco Square - small restaurant (had veggie/multi-colored pasta - peas!!! yum)
Campanile, San Marco
Piazza San Marco
Piazzetta San Marco
- Shopping/saw gondola drivers & dock
Actors in Piazetta San Marco
Where's my gondolier?
There he goes...
- Returned on water bus -> metro
- Called hubs late after sandwich snack