This week is the week of Thanksgiving, and I have so much to be thankful for this year - including actual holiday pay! As a self-employed person, holiday pay did not exist unless I worked during that time. But this year, I will have 2 days of lounging in the comfort of my home and getting paid while doing so. Now if that isn't a good reason for being employed than I really don't know what is.
Meanwhile, I've been fighting an online "fire" so to speak and getting pretty annoyed by it, as a solution is not forthcoming and I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall. The worst part is that it seems to keep growing and becoming a worse headache for me as time goes by. What is it? Well, our merchant account on Authorize.net disabled SSLv3 support and now when a user attempts to make an online payment, they receive the error, "The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm." I'm googling and working with the server dude to try to come up with a fix for this problem, but it's not coming easily.
Did I mention that I love my job?
Monday, November 24, 2014
Friday, November 14, 2014
... I got a new job starting at the end of September 2014! Woohoo!! Which brings me back to blogging again since I'm not all distracted by other activities in and around my Home Office. So things have changed dramatically over the past couple of months, but for the good of everyone involved. Besides the fact that I'm bringing home a big fat paycheck to add to our family income, here are some other noticeable changes that have taken place:
- Replaced our old junker van with a fancy new Honda CRV so we're no longer struggling to transport everyone here and there, including to school/work/home
- Added 3 new cell phone lines to my Verizon line changing it to a shared family plan so we now have reliable lines of communication, another problem we've been fighting against with previous AT&T GoPhone service
- Mixed up chores with Hubs so that laundry and diswashing are ongoing, thankfully because my biggest fear was that "house would fall down" with me no longer home to keep things going
- Paid off recently aquired debt (Peep's wisdom teeth extraction) and in the process of paying of medical bills associated with emergency surgery that took place the week before I started my new job (oldent Peep's unexpected event)
- Adjusted work/commute schedules so that we can still have a decent home-cooked meal on the table before 6:00 p.m.