So we arrived feeling all excited and here's a log of events as they happened soon after our plane landed:
- Shopped for t-shirts in airport gift shop, originally planned to buy heavily discounted Balloon Fiesta shirts, but they only had kid sizes in stock so we bought a couple other lightly discounted ones instead.
- Picked up luggage in baggage claim & drove to local lunch spot in ABQ 'The Sandwich Shop' - I had Albuquerque Turkey 1/2 swch w/pickle spear & chips, Peep Daughter ham/egg/cheese croissant sandwich & potatoes (hash browns), Peep Son french toast & sausage
- Drove route toward Santa Fe, stopped in Madrid to see movie set diner for "Wild Hogs" (now a store) & miscellaneous shops
- PS bored so headed back toward homestead in Rio Rancho, photos in backyard, dinner (Lean Cuisine, Ramen for kids, snacks & drinks)
- Grandpa, PD, PS & I went to Albertson's to buy a few food items, also to give Valentine (their newest dog) some breathing room (feeling skittish about having guests in the house, shaking & barking)
- Kids enjoyed @20 minutes in the hot tub, getting late and cold so we ditched the idea of having s'mores outside by the firepit.
- Showers, snacks, reading, computer time and we crashed for the night.
- Slept well, but only AFTER the grandfather clock stopped chiming every half hour, probably @11:00 p.m.
"Maggie's Diner" in Madrid, New Mexico
Next up: Finding some excitement for everyone.